Thursday, June 16, 2011

January

Jan 1
Today is New Year and for the first time, instead of wishing you first ‘diary’, I wished my Smartu... You were second this time.
Jan 3
We shopped for 15 saris for the wedding.
Jan 5
I prepared a three-page shopping list for Smartu ... Today Smartu told me about his girlfriends. I thought if I am getting a guy like him, I should adjust with these things. But I have faith in him and I don’t think he will cheat me. I have tied him with my love.
Jan 6
I love my sasural  because I’m getting Smartu just because of them. For the first time I told him ‘I love you’.
Jan 7
My day starts with wishing my Smartu, and every day I wish him at 4 am in the morning. He told me today that till the day of our engagement, (Jan 23) I should not message him or call him. He felt that if we speak every day, the excitement and spark would disappear from our relationship. I feel he will not love me. I felt I was unable to create any kind of feelings in him.
Jan 9
I feel he also misses me a lot. He called to say that I should not tell anyone of the condition that he has imposed on me. He told me that he missed me a lot. I think he missed me and I want him to miss me. I want him to start loving me... It’s just the beginning and he will love me.
Jan 10
I didn’t wish him in the morning and I felt guilty. He wished me and spoke to me today. It was romantic. It’s all new to me. He asked me many lovely questions and I felt happy and blushed with delight. I made him happy with my answers. I felt very happy and loved him more when he said we will become good friends before we were married. Today, he told me that another girl had stolen his heart before we met, but there was nothing between them except that he had a soft corner for that girl. I don’t have a problem with this, but I will tease him about it. My in-laws are very good to me. I’m going to sleep now. Smartu...
Jan 14
Today is Makara Sankranti and I wished him. We had good food but I missed him a lot. I was worried about his lunch. I had a feast, but he didn’t have anything special.  If I had a chance I would have gone to him and prepared his favourite chavel, dal, aalo ka bhujia, panneer ki sabji and dhania patta ki chatni. My parents and I spoke to him and his parents on this festival day.
Jan 15
Something happened today. He talked strangely to me. He thinks that he does not deserve me and that I’m an invisible frame in front of him. But I know he is best for me and that he is beyond my expectations. My love for him increases every day. But I don’t know what he thinks. But it’s ok. On the 21st he will come here. I long for the 23rd. I can’t wait for that day.
Jan 16
Today Nupurji (Smartu’s sister) came to Patna. Papa went to meet her and gave her Rs 1,00,000. I miss my Smartu.
Jan 18
His mother, I mean Mummiji, called up to tell me to buy a good gift for Nupurji. I told her that I will give her a gift which she will never forget in her life. That sounded rude to her and I immediately apologised. We shopped for things for my engagement and marriage. Papa told me that that we had three more rounds of shopping to do. I am learning a lot nowadays, something new every time. With each passing day, my excitement is growing. My life is taking a new turn. It’s the beginning of a new chapter in my life. It’s titled LOVE.
Jan 20
I packed my bags and travelled to Patna to get ready for the engagement. I spoke to Smartu and we discussed about where we would honeymoon. We haven’t decided yet, but it might be some place in the north-east. I booked the same room in Hotel Mayur where Smartu and I first met. My Smartu is coming to Patna tomorrow and I’m excited.
Jan 21
It was a great day and I was excited to see Smartu... He had a party last night and he asked me to wake him up at 4.30 in the morning. It was a difficult task but I did it and he reached Patna this afternoon. He came to our room. It was the first time I was meeting him after 25 long days. It was a beautiful moment. Then we went to dinner and we continued chatting via SMS...
Jan 22
I messaged him ‘good morning’, but I didn’t get a reply. I applied mehendi on my hands for the engagement... No, it was for my Smartu. People say if I get dark red colour on my hands, it is a good sign. But, I didn’t get the colour I expected. This spoiled my mood. TOMORROW IS THE SPECIAL DAY IN MY LIFE.
Jan 23
Today is the most beautiful day in my life. Today is my engagement with Smartu and I’m getting nervous. Today he woke me up with a love message. I got ready and waited for shagun. The tilak ceremony for Smartu was conducted and then the engagement. We both had dinner and spoke for half an hour. Every one told me I looked beautiful and even Smartu was happy. After he left, I sent him an SMS saying I missed him. It’s over and I’m tired now, but I can’t wait for the day when we will be married.
Jan 25
He was the only thing on my mind and I didn’t want to think of anything else either. He told me he missed me a lot and wanted to spend more time with me. We spoke for two hours. Today I told him how much I love him and also proposed filmi style. He told me he loves me a lot. I don’t have any words to express my feelings and happiness. He gives me all the happiness in my life. A girl wants only love, respect, safety, security, and faith from her husband and my Smartu is giving me all that. I have got the best person in my life. My Mummiji is a sweetheart. Tomorrow, my Smartu will leave for Bangalore. I can’t wait to talk to him. In the evening, my uncle and aunt came with gifts. They pretended to be happy, but inside I knew they were upset because I had consented to marry someone else and not their son, who loves me very much.
Jan 27
I wished him (Smartu) in the morning and he replied romantically. We had a romantic chat early in the morning. Today was his bachelor’s party and he went to Mysore with all his friends. He drank a lot. I didn’t call him as he was drunk. I just had an SMS chat.
Jan 30
Today Papa met Mummiji  and I saw the wedding card Smartu’s family has printed. It was nice.
Jan 31
Even after four meetings in his office, he found time for me and spoke to me. I share all things with you, but today something happened which I want to forget. I will not tell you. Because whenever I read it, it would hurt me. I miss Smartu. I want to live my entire life with him happily. In just 27 days, I will be his wife forever. I’m waiting for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

badge