Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Of First Loves!


First loves come naturally. They engulf you from within. They are like sudden gusts of winds that merge in your world with seamless efforts. When such love strikes you, it leaves you baffled. Your whole horizon is changed all of a sudden. Some say they lose their sleep, some say their ability to day dream enhances manifold. While I remained untouched by this magical first love for many years and I used to say, "Oh love! Take me in your comforting arms. Embrace me like never before. Teach me what you are like. Assure me of your eternal nature. Come search me, I've been waiting for so long."


I was just too mesmerised by the concept of "First Loves". My friends used to gossip about their love life while I stared at them in utter dismay, wondering what is so special about it? They used to tell me of their first eye-contact, first proposals, first 'yes', first touch, the holding of hands, first hug, first outing, and of course the first kiss!

I wished deep down to feel the same way too, to experience this magnificent phenomenon. I wondered how can staring at someone be special? And how can exchanging each other's saliva (during the kiss) be exciting? It rather gave me a puking feeling! But no one can remain untouched by this first love, no one can escape its long arms. Yeah, I know you must be reminded of the phrase 'Kaanoon ke haath bahut lambe hote hai'. Hahaha! But seriously dude, I mean this first love thing totally made me restless. I actually did personify it back then, wishing for it to come its own in front of me when someday I open my eyes. And then suddenly unexpectedly my world turned upside down.

I had never noticed him before that night. It was as though he didn't exist, and then suddenly he was everywhere. Though he had proposed me some two weeks ago, but I brushed it off as a joke! And then, I was just looking at his picture on that particular night (it was from the recent meeting at a coffee shop), when I realised I could not take my eyes off him. And then I thought, "OMG my time has come! I am in love". Now, this thought was so sudden that it was hard for me to digest too.

I tend to over analyse situations because I'm scared of what will happen if I'm not prepared for it. and at that moment, deep into the realms of the night I was caught unguarded. I was astonished, out of my wits. Voices of my friends echoed in my ears. Some warned me, some encouraged me, while the others gave a mixed opinion. I prepared myself for giving my affirmation to his proposal.

I took hold of my cell phone lying besides my pillow and started typing a text. Before I could type it, my phone beeped. It was his message.

"You have no idea how hard it is to force myself to stop thinking about you, sometimes. I still remember the sound of your voice that night. Can I hear it forever?"

I could only blush at it; my cheeks turning pink. It was an ecstatic moment. I texted him back with a simple "I love you too" and slept peacefully; quite content First Loves are great. Someone who doesn't experience this is missing a lot in life. When I say 'A lot', it means seriously a lot more!

*********

It's all about love | I found this too cute to miss, a momen… | Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment

badge