Tuesday, January 2, 2018

In Conversation with Prita Yadav! :)

Hi Prita,

Hope this finds you in good spirits!

It’s a pleasure to take your interview today. So let’s start:

Priti Yadav is a fitness freak with a passion for writing! She enjoys running, playing hockey and swimming. Her writing journey has been slow and steady, but she is happy and satisfied with the response on both her books.

Here, she lets her readers know a little more about herself and her journey so far. Ladies and Gentlemen, I bring to you Prita Yadav:
 
1. Tell us something about you that only people close to you know. 
 
Prita: Only people close to me know that I'm extremely emotional in real life and cry very easily while watching movies! Especially a death scene has me choking as I remember my late grandmother.

2. How does it feel to be a published writer? Has it changed you in anyway? How do you handle fame?

Prita: I'm not famous yet ;-), but it feels good to be a published writer. It has not changed me in anyway except for my friends tease me “Author” and it feels weird!

3. Have you always wanted to be a writer?

Prita: Nope! I grew up reading Enid Blyton books and was always very fond of my school. When hockey happened, I just had too many emotions and thoughts flooded in my mind as a young teen and writing helped me to channel all my feelings on a paper.

4. Tell us something about your book, "KLASS: A Star in the making". How did the idea of a historical fiction shaped up in your mind?

Prita: The book revolves around a sports academy and touches the lives of different students interested in various games. It will make you laugh, cry and miss your first school/college crush for sure! Major Nostalgia, for many readers.

5. How do you envision your book will impact your readers?

Prita: My main motto of writing the book is to inspire people to follow their passion in life and to stop judging other people! I personally believe that you should never give up on your dreams and keep chasing them forever. Never underestimate the power of determination!

6. Briefly tell us about your earlier writings and the subjects that interest you.

Prita: I have not written much except for my two books and few blogs for www.stylewhack.com. When it comes to writing the subjects that usually interest me are sports and stories on school and friendship.

7. Share some of your interesting memories you lived while writing "KLASS: A Star in the making".

Prita: I would suddenly get up in the night and jot down few thoughts that would just randomly come to me when I would try to sleep! It was hilarious because then I would be awake for hours thinking and plotting my book and in the morning I wouldn't remember a thing!

8. What or who was your biggest inspiration behind this book?

Prita: Biggest inspiration behind both my books is the exceptional work of Enid Blyton. Just out of the blue one day after reading her book, ST Clare, I picked up a pen and paper and started writing!

9. How did you make sure the information used in the book is accurate and up-to-date?

Prita: Both my books are purely fictional so I didn't have to do much research thankfully. In case I wanted any updated Information about anything, I think “Google” now days is at the tip of our fingers, so life is pretty easy.

10. What’s the biggest mistake new writers make according to you?

Prita: I consider myself a new writer and I have made numerous mistakes till date. But frankly speaking, if you learn from your mistakes, then life is a bliss!

11. How do you feel when someone disagrees with something you say or have written?

Prita: I honestly don't take it personally because I believe everyone is entitled to an opinion!

12. What is your least favourite part of the writing process? What is your biggest strength when it comes to writing?

Prita: Least favourite part has to be marketing because I'm very bad at it! So many people have appreciated my books, but keep telling me to promote and highlight my work, which becomes slightly tedious with my chock-a-block schedule! My biggest strength when it comes to writing has to be the flood of thoughts in my head. Once I open my laptop and have the liberty of time, I can go on writing for hours!

13. How did you decide the characters and the settings for this book?

Prita: I was absolutely clear in my mind that I wanted to dedicate my book to my grandfather. So the title “KLASS” came like a brainstorm! It stands for “Kanchansinghs Lessons and Sports School”! I also knew that the background about the book would involve a lot of sports activities because I love sports! Post that setting characters and their names came very easily because I used the names of all my close friends in the book :-)

14. What are some things you like to do when you’re not writing?

Prita: I so love running! Its like my “ME” Time. Also, I have always been a hockey player, so playing hockey gives me an inner joy and satisfaction. Off late, I have created a love for swimming and try to squeeze in sometime for swimming as and when possible.

15. Tell us something about your future projects. Are you writing anything at the moment?

Prita: Yes, I'm trying to juggle my life and write a couple of stories. Its all in the pipeline, nothing concrete yet.

16. What do you think about the writing industry these days? Do you think becoming a full-time writer is an advisable option?

Prita: Becoming a full time writer actually depends on the financial stability of the writer. If you have the funds to support you and your family and you are willing to take the challenge, then why not? Also, the writing industry is booming big time. There are so many authors today that it pleases my mind that people are still willing to write in this technology driven world! And for so many writers there are platforms like “Authors Paradise” who make your life easy!

17. Any tips for budding writers?

Prita: Just keep writing without thinking too much about the results. At the end of the day, if it gives you happiness and peace of mind there is no reason you should stop writing!

18. What are the roles of an editor and a reviewer in the success of book according to you?

Prita: Both are equally important and critical for the success of the book, they play a huge pivotal role for the making or breaking of a book.

19. How does it feel to be interviewed by me? *basically the interviewer wishes to hear praises* *haha*

Prita: Feels great, like a celebrity! Keep up the good work!

20. Anything that you would like to tell us? Your favourite writers? Your hobbies? Or just some sneaky peaky details? 

Prita: My all time favourite authors are Enid Blyton and JK Rowling! Im just in love with their work. JK Rowling's imagination is beyound human imagination.

Wow! So we have come to an end of this awesome session.


Description

Jolene Jordan is back at KLASS; all prepared to dazzle everyone with her MAJOR, but instead she finds herself trying to explore the road less travelled - breaking the pre conceived notions of her friends and KLASS officials about the star in the making. As she tries to battle with her teen hormones, Jo is absolutely certain about one thing: Stars there are plenty at KLASS, but Dennis there is only one - alone, rude, wild, divine; waiting for someone to cross his haunted life, for sports is only art! But in the pursuit of supporting the Black Listed student, will Jo lose her BFF? Will Jo excel in her MAJOR? Will Jo finally bask in the glory of the "STAR's" success? Read on to relive your first college crush...

Buying Link: Amazon

Readers, let’s be kind to the writer and buy the book soon. Do share your feedback with me once you read KLASS: A Star in the Making.

Happy Reading!

2 comments:

  1. I am extraordinarily affected beside your writing talents, Thanks for this nice share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice post. I merely stumbled upon your journal and wished to mention that I even have extremely enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. finally I’ll be subscribing on your feed and that i am hoping you write once more terribly soon!

    ReplyDelete

badge