Wednesday, February 8, 2017

A Love Letter!!

Hi there,

Today I am posting a letter I recently came across in a novel. Hope you like it because I loved it.


" Dearest Ankita,

Pardon my addressing you dearest, but right now that is how I feel towards you.

You have given my life a new direction and nothing has mattered so much to me till now. Swami Vivekananda had said, ' We are what our thoughts have made us. So take care what you think. Thoughts live. They travel far. ' Right now Ankita, my thoughts are centred only on you. I cannot think of anyone else but you. I have stayed up whole night thinking and re-thinking and I am swept away by the depth of my own emotions. I have tried not to act like this. I hate it, but cannot help it.


God, you are lovely and really very beautiful. But that is not why I feel like this towards you. I love the way you speak, the way you smile and the way you are so easily shocked. I love the enthusiasm you have and how you think that you have to do it all. I love the way you come up with repartees and you work so hard to make things happen. I loved the way you warned me on the bike to behave myself (Trust me, even if you hadn't I would have treated you with utmost regard. You deserve of so much.) I love your spirit and the way you spoke during the extempore that day, even though you knew nothing about the topic. I admired your courage to go up on stage. You may not have won a prize but in my mind you were clearly a winner.

I love the way your eyes sparkle when you speak. They seem to dance to the rhythm of your words. You are so full of zest. You inspire me and make me want to be like you. I love the way that wisp of hair falls across your forehead and the way you keep tucking it behind your ears. Oh yes - I loved your white high heels too. I loved the black top you wore and the slits that it had at the side and the way you kept tugging it down so that your skin wouldn't show. I loved the silver bangle you wore on the first day and the thick white one with little polka dots you wore on the second day. I loved the silver ear-rings and the mismatched gold chain. Yes, I noticed! I noticed every little thing about you.

' I LOVE YOU' (It was written in blood.)

Yes, it is blood and I do love you, but I think I don't even have enough blood in my body to prove my love to you. I may not be a handsome hunk but I surely want to reserve you for myself.

I want to talk to you for a little while. Please don't say no. I'll be waiting.

All my love and then some more,

Abhi. "

:) :)

1 comment:

badge