Thursday, September 12, 2013

Chakra: Chronicles of the Witch Way

Review of Chakra: The Chronicles of the Witch Way.


Indian market has yet to witness the popularity of novels dealing in super natural elements. The Indian readers are still not adapting to such readings. Although over the years, fantasy novels do charm them but not many of them are glued to them till the end. I experienced the same dilemma before picking up the third novel of the well-known author and blogger, Ritu Lalit, Chakra: Chronicles of the Witch Way. I had my doubts regarding the content of this book.

The first impressions of Chakra were a nice gripping cover design that enticed me to go on further, the great paper quality that made me feel utterly happy, and the magical world awaiting me in the realm of those papers. As I went on further, each word used by Ritu Lalit to describe the Japas, appealed to me and shook my imagination. Vivid pictures started getting created as I turned the pages. It was so gripping that I could not keep it down as Nandita Bose has rightly quoted, ‘An unputdownable supernatural saga of power plays and mystical allure that grips and entertains like dynamite.’ She had said in various interviews that her stories are a hugely inspired by the tales of rishis and munis her grandmother used to tell and it is very much evident from the book.

Ritu Lalit actually gave me a vision through this book; a vision to personify the five elements and explore their world. A magical tale in all its aspects, it gripped me from the beginning. I started believing in the existence of Japas and Japnis and lived this tale. The characters are so perfectly described that I could see them emerging out of the book right in front of me, playing their designated parts. It was flawless. Ritu Lalit did a marvellous work in this genre. I can say without any second thoughts that she researched a lot for this book. Such a masterpiece wouldn’t be possible otherwise!

Chakra is a beautiful journey imbibed with elements of suspense and thrill, magic and surreal effects laced within its folds. It’s not a simple fantasy story that can be read by kids and enjoyed, it requires your full attention and involvement; somehow Ritu Lalit managed to write this story in such a manner that it doesn’t fail to capture you and take you on the ride to a different world, a world of Japas and Japnis.

Even by the end of the narrative, you thrive and wish for more. You wish to escape into this new world created by Ritu Lalit for you and the climax leaves you craving. I was spell bound and for hours I just kept staring at the pages and the cover in between. I was intrigued at the end of each chapter and wondered what the next chapter has hidden in it.

Not even for a moment you feel bored while going through the chapters. The blend of magic and reality engulfs you and lets you explore a new horizon sitting in the comfort of your home. It makes you travel to places you never thought you could. I am curious what would the complete trilogy have stored in it. The next book in the series is being currently penned down by Ritu Lalit and I am already desperately waiting for it.

What makes this book so amazing for me is the quality, the perfection with which it has been delivered to the readers. The editing has been done with utmost care, or so it seems. This is the best part about this book. Since a few days, I had been reading books with such poor editing that I almost lost my interest in reading. Bad editing is such a put off at times. I am glad Author’s Empire Publication has given special emphasis on editing. Ritu Lalit’s Chakra in collaboration with Author’s Empire Publications has made a mark for me in the less travelled genre of magic realism.

No comments:

Post a Comment

badge