Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Of Holding On and Letting Go!


And just like that, we feel broken,
When all we should do is surrender,
But we choose to feel shaken,
Lying still in emotions that are tender.

And every time, it just takes a second,
For us to go mad at each other.
Oh, I plead for an answer, a loving hand,
When he chooses to pull away, hurt in anger.

I try in vain to reason with him,
And then he puts up more questions.
Oh, I am sure the distance makes it grim,
But I don’t know how and why it happens.

Under powerful emotions, I can barely breathe,
From all I know, I know he too is choked.
But why can’t you and I breathe?
In hurt and anger, why do we feel doped?

Where is the love? Oh, where is it?
I know it’s there still alive.
But why can’t we see it? Feel it?
Oh, the good old love! Can we try and revive?

And just like that I sit and wonder,
Why do I end up with the same mistakes?
Oh the questions and the answers, I surrender!
I wish to love while your heartaches.

Oh, the pain gets deeper and deeper,
While I go on treading the same way…
Oh, why can’t you stop me and hold me tighter?
Misunderstandings keep making us weak every day.

How I plead for you to listen,
Will you stop and listen or let me go?
Oh, tell me one more time, how it all begun?
How we always see rocks in the flow?

Why could I never see it through your eyes?
Anyway, what difference would it make now?
I make him lose while with mirth, he tries,
To make some sense. We keep breaking the vow!

Now I no longer wish us to break apart,
So I surrender, can’t take it any longer;
The words that keep hitting like a dart.
Now can we please grow stronger?

Grow stronger, fly higher, sink deeper,
For that’s how we love each other.
Oh, how we smile and simper!
Let’s make it last a little longer.

Stay, for I feel hollow…
Without you, I feel hollow…
If you still go, I will follow,
Go down and I will be below!

I love you. Please love me back,
For that’s how I want it every time.
Nothing less, let’s get back on track,
For without you, I’m an incomplete rhyme!

No comments:

Post a Comment

badge