Tuesday, January 3, 2017

In Conversation with Devika Das :)

Hi Devika Das,

Hope this finds you in good spirits!

It’s a pleasure to take your interview today. So let’s start:

Born in 1984, Devika has travelled across many Indian cities since she hails from the defence background. She began writing poems in 1997 and has continued her passion for writing until date. She believes ‘Work is Fun’; after switching several profiles in her professional journey, she is finally satisfied with the profile of Content Writing (currently has 3 years of relevant experience). She is currently working as a Senior Content Writer, a Theatre Artist/ Trained Salsa Dancer, and an Author.

Here, she lets her readers know a little more about herself and her journey so far. Ladies and Gentlemen, I bring to you Devika Das:

1. Tell us something about people close to you.

Devika:
I have only very few close friends, countable, which is very weird because I love meeting people.

2. How does it feel to be a published writer? Has it changed you in anyway?

Devika:
It feels great as I did not ever dream to become an author. I used to write as a hobby. Life is same personally, only I have to give interviews and grow my network in order to promote the book :) I am still dedicated and hardworking in my company, it hasn’t taken a backseat at all.

3. Have you always wanted to be a writer?

Devika:
No. I used to write as a hobby and share my poems with close friends

4. Tell us something about your book, The Mind Game. How did the idea for this book shaped up in your mind?

Devika:
I used to hear people say that they are very confused and stressed because they cannot take the right decisions timely. Secondly, the newspapers were full of articles related to suicides committed due to stress/depression, which pepped me up to write on this topic.

5. How do you envision your book will impact your readers?

Devika:
It is a self-help book with practical tips from my lessons of life. So far, readers have been able to connect with the book.

6. Briefly tell us about your earlier books.

Devika:
7 Vows of marriage talks about how the institution of marriage has evolved through the years and what the youth thinks about it. I have edited two novels ‘Absolute Love Letter’, a romantic fiction, and Diamonds in the Rough which talks about the journey of a start-up entrepreneur.

7. Share some of your interesting memories you lived while writing your latest book, The Mind Game.

Devika:
I was very short-tempered and quite impulsive before writing this book. But, while reading and researching for this book, I felt a change in my attitude and approach towards life.

8. What or who was your biggest inspiration behind this book?

Devika:
My own struggles.

9. How do you make sure the information used in your books is accurate and up-to-date?

Devika:
I have penned down my lessons from life, I have undergone these things and battled stress.



10. What’s the biggest mistake new writers make according to you?

Devika:
They don’t express themselves honestly assuming what the public might perceive. It is clear, that if you are confident about your views, the public opinion should not bother you.

11. How do you feel when someone disagrees with something you say or have written?

Devika:
I appreciate criticism as it gives me a scope to improve. My first book invited negative criticism. I accepted it and realized what is the other interpretation of the content.

12. What is your least favourite part of the writing process?

Devika:
I don’t know. Writing comes naturally to me.

13. What is your biggest strength when it comes to writing?

Devika:
Attention to detail and perfectionism.

14. What are some things you like to do when you’re not writing?

Devika:
Travelling, reading, and listening to music.

15. Tell us something about your future projects. Are you writing anything at the moment?

Devika:
Presently, I have two manuscripts that are 50% complete. Will travel for some time in 2017 and resume writing. I believe you need a break in order to conceptualize the next idea.

16. What do you think about the writing industry these days? Do you think becoming a full-time writer is an advisable option?

Devika:
Sorry, I am not quite aware about the industry scenario. I think nowadays writing can become a viable career option provided you have a good marketing strategy.

17. Any tips for budding writers?

Devika:
Read, research well about the desired topic, and write honestly. Don’t think about the outcome or whether your book will sell or not.

18. What are the roles of an editor and a reviewer in the success of book according to you?

Devika:
An editor helps you beautify the content, while a reviewer gives you the customer viewpoint of how your book may be perceived by the public.

19. How does it feel to be interviewed by me? *basically the interviewer wishes to hear praises* *haha*

Devika:
It was great to interact with you. I would like to stay in touch even after the interview process is complete. You are intelligent, smart, and have asked the right questions :)

20. Will I get a signed copy please? :P *puppy face*

Devika:
Sure, it will be great to meet you and handover a copy :)

Wow! So we have come to an end of this awesome session.



Description

Crests and troughs, ups and downs, joys and sorrows are a part of everyone's lives. While many choose to simply succumb to bad times, the winner is the one who remains strong, successfully wades off negativity and rises, unbound. All of us, at some point of time, have experienced situations involving emotional outbursts where we have, albeit unknowingly, hurt others or even our own self and have only ended up regretting our actions. Wouldn't it be great if we could somehow become mindful of our current emotional state and maintain equilibrium in our personal and professional lives? Moreover, mindfulness helps us realize what we really want from life. It helps us to first think, then act and not vice-versa. The Mind Game is a self-improvement guide that talks about how to manage emotions wisely, and lead a powerful, but stress free life.

Buying Link: Amazon

Readers, let’s be kind to the writer and buy the book soon. Do share your feedback with me once you read The Mind Game.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

badge