Thursday, July 14, 2016

The Junkyard Cafe - A Lip-smacking Afternoon!

Hello lovelies!


So about a week before, I got an invitation for an A-M-A-Z-I-N-G blogger's meet in my inbox. I checked the mail with a great deal of excitement and instantly gave my RSVP. After all, it was food! Yes, the blogger's meet was organised at The Junkyard Cafe, Saket on 2nd July 2016 as they had recently launched this outlet.



As I stepped in, the ambiance took me to the world of junk. It was decorated literally as a junkyard. I clicked few pictures before choosing a perfect place to sit -- near the much-talked-about Michael Jackson's art piece. First impression of the place -- a definite 'yes'.


There were other bloggers too. The atmosphere thereafter turned chirpy in no time. Food connects everyone, no matter what! Here are some of the clicks:










There was a special food menu for bloggers. But before we could look at it, we were served with some snacks. I will review each of them for you one after the other as I plunged into them. Here you go:





1) Junkyard Style Paneer Tikka: Paneer!! Enough to pep up my mood any day. It was right in front of my eyes, presented so beautifully that I could not stop myself from taking the first bite. The foodie in me simply loved it. The spices were mixed well. It was served on a leaf. It is often said that if the food looks good, half of the battle is already won! So yeah, for presentation, I would give a 5/5 to The Junkyard Cafe.




2) Hara Bhara Kabab: Indeed a good item to be served on the table. As I dug into the kabab, I could not stop at one and ended up eating 2-3 in just few seconds. The taste was too good and stayed for long on my tongue. It's worth trying!











3) Vanilla Cold Coffee: I see coffee on the menu and I don't order it! How can it ever be possible! It came in a elegant looking bottle and I took my first sip, not knowing if I would love it or not! But voila! I loved it. In fact, I found it one of the best cold coffees I have had in Delhi so far. I finished the large bottle quickly. Placed it on the table only once before finishing it off, that too just to click a picture for you all.











4) Veg Spring Rolls: So it was beginning to be a snacky afternoon, with so many varieties of snacks coming on the table. Ah! the presentation! Especially the flower caught my attention. The artist in me fell in love there and then! I took a piece of the roll and put it in my mouth. And OMG! it was prepared so well. It was simply the best snack I had that day. I was drooling on it till the end.






5) Palak Patta Chaat: The blogger sitting next to my table struck a conversation with me and recommended this dish. As soon as he did that, the waiter came to my table carrying it for me. I was all set to unravel the chaat. Paan in this form! What an innovative idea! And it was interesting. Presentation was spot on and it tasted good.










6) Ice Tea: Summers and ice tea go hand in hand! So I opted for Basil flavour while Kanika, who was with me at the event, went for Peach flavour. We both tasted both the flavours and they were good. I can safely say that the restaurant's USP lies in their drinks.







7) Honey Chilli Potato: Everyone loves them despite the weight-gain factor associated with them -- potatoes -- yes! I ordered them quite eagerly in spite of being full. We had been eating non-stop for about an hour by the time we decided to have these. But we were tempted to try these anyway! However, this was not that good. It was cold and taste wasn't that exceptional. As good as it looked, it did play a spoilsport!






8) Milkshake: We thought of ending on a sweet note and ordered milkshakes -- I chose Hazelnut and Butter Scotch as that's my all-time favourite flavour, Kanika decided on trying Banana and Cake flavour. Both the shakes were amazing! Thank goodness we chose to have them and not end on a cold  and not-so-good dish. I must say their shakes were one of the best I have had.





Quirky Note: I explored the place some more and went to check the washroom too. What I found there amazed me. Have a look at the basin and know for yourself!



P.S. I loved the place so much that I went ahead to check their outlet in Connaught Place too. Similar ambiance followed and I made a mental note to keep this place as one of the hangout options from now on.








Ambiance: 4.5/5
Presentation of food: 5/5
Preparation/Hygiene: 4/5
Overall Ratings: 4/5









THE JUNKYARD CAFÉ
Address: Plot D-1, Unit 16,17, 30, 31, 
Ground Floor, Salcon Ras Vilas Mall, 
District Centre, Saket, New Delhi
Phone number: 011 30806393




Also read the review of the same event by Kanika Sharma on TGC.

5 comments:

badge