Monday, June 1, 2015

Who I want to be? - Unveiling Myself

Nargis' 86th birthday

So as my birthday is approaching, and for the first time I am not that excited, I decided to contemplate within myself for some much required answers. Of late I am absolutely sure that my inner speculations will take me to a path that is custom made for me. Well my outer world has stopped to exist (for a while, at least)! At first, I thought catching up with some old friends will do wonders to shape up my life, give it a direction, but I can't wait to meet them. I need to take some quick decisions, and also transform them into actions. My life is constantly changing even right now as we speak about it.

I had been struggling to think of what to say, so I stopped thinking. I was convinced I didn't know who I wanted to be. And then I realized the answer was all around me.

I wanna be someone who is willing to forgive.

I wanna be someone that cares more about others than themselves.

I wanna be someone who can tell it like it is.

I wanna be someone who can take a decision by putting others before themselves (even if it is a hard one).

I wanna be someone who would give up everything for the right reason.

I wanna be someone who can make their parents proud of themselves and for once, not embarrass them.

I wanna be someone who doesn't have to cry the whole night.

I wanna be someone who is brave enough to face the world and ignore the rumors.

I wanna be someone who sees the best in everyone.

I wanna be someone who is a true friend.

I wanna be someone who always tries to be a better person, and someone who learns from their mistakes.

I guess, more than anything else, I just wanna be someone who encompasses all those things so I can finally be 'That Girl' who doesn't need a boy to be happy.

...because I'll know how to dance all on my own, without the fear of being judged or being the victim of several wrong assumptions. I will know how to smile and be happy without the constant need for support. Life would be so much better than even without a job, perhaps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

badge